The Statistics Division
- offers undergraduate and graduate programs in Statistics and Probability;
- provides a centre for discussion of research problems and methodological advances in statistics and probability;
- serves as a training facility for graduate students in applied statistics, through the provision of a courtesy consulting service, funded by the department, for members of the University community;
- provides statistical advice to faculty and graduate student researchers throughout the University and generates collaborative research with them;
provides statistical consulting for external clients in business, government and industry.
- Statistics faculty engage in consulting projects associated with collaborative, publishable research; as well individual members may provide consulting on a fee-for-service basis. For further information contact the Division Head of the Statistics Division.
- The Training Consulting Centre offers a courtesy consulting service to faculty and graduate students in other disciplines and to other members of the university community, and also serves as a training ground for our graduate students.
- History of the Statistics Division and its predecessor, the Statistical Consulting Service